Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Taquitos

Last night for dinner, when I was NOT using a freezer meal, I made taquitos. My family loves taquitos and so do I. I don't really follow a real recipe, but here's approximately how I do it.

Get a bunch of shredded beef. You could probably used ground beef (like if you have a stock of precooked meat in your freezer like me), but I used canned beef chunks. Then I just threw it all in a skillet with some water and some taco seasoning. Not much seasoning. My husband doesn't like it much. Just enough to give it another flavor besides just plain beef. When the water had simmered off and I was just left with the seasoned meat, I chopped up some cilantro and stirred that in, too.

You can never go wrong with cilantro.

Then I got another skillet and heated some olive oil on medium heat. I dipped corn tortillas in the oil until they were soft and pliable without breaking. Then I took them out (they are pretty greasy at that point) and filled them with the meat. I roll them up and tuck the loose tortilla end underneath the roll and place them in a baking dish. When the dish is full, I stick it in a 375 degree oven until the tortillas are crisp which takes about 20-30 minutes.

They were served with rice and pico de gallo, of course! YUM!


link | posted by Real at 6:33 PM






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Ever wish someone would wave a magic wand, and easy, nutritious dinners would appear on your kitchen table?

...So do we.




Out of the kitchen:
Real Beautopotamus Mothering on the Edge