Wednesday, September 5, 2007
After School Snacks

When my kids were younger, I used to make and serve them after school snacks. Now that they are older I pretty much let them fend for themselves. Sometimes I hate that, though. It seems like the snacking goes on forever and everyone is always asking for something.

Anyway, today, I decided to make and serve a snack again. Apple slices with peanutbutter. You can't imagine how much my kids love this snack. It's like a treat for them! And they are always asking if there is more. And since it's just apples and peanutbutter, I'm usually okay with them having a heaping helping.

My favorite is to take a really tart apple--like Granny Smith--and just smother it in peanutbutter. So yum! We've already been through 10 apples this afternoon!


link | posted by Real at 2:50 PM






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Ever wish someone would wave a magic wand, and easy, nutritious dinners would appear on your kitchen table?

...So do we.




Out of the kitchen:
Real Beautopotamus Mothering on the Edge