Friday, June 29, 2007
Yummy Day--snacks

Did you know that the Dollar Tree now has a frozen food section? The one near my house does now. So the last time I was there I picked up a couple of packages of frozen soft pretzels. For $1.

Today we opened up a package for snacks. The 6 pretzels were much larger than I anticipated and came with their own soft pretzel salt to apply! What a great cheap snack. All the kids had satisfied tummies for only .16 cents each. Can't beat it!

Instead of a real smoothie today it was just lemonade (mixed sweet) with a whole bunch of ice cubes. As it turned out, this was a great way to make the juice last longer but everyone thought it was a special treat to get a lemonade icee.

And then I had a hankering for nachos. This is a recipe I got from my friend, Jessica. It's fast and easy, but I don't know about cheap or healthy.

Big chunk of velveeta cheese
One can of mexican diced tomatoes
*Heat until cheese is melted through, serve with tortilla chips.

YUM! I could eat this all day. And it's so easy and filling and not sweet. Today I couldn't find mine my mexican diced tomatoes so I did a can of regular diced tomatoes and a can of diced green chiles. I think that was a little too much liquid because my cheese turned out kind of runny. But it still tasted good!


link | posted by Real at 1:48 PM






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Ever wish someone would wave a magic wand, and easy, nutritious dinners would appear on your kitchen table?

...So do we.




Out of the kitchen:
Real Beautopotamus Mothering on the Edge