Thursday, June 28, 2007
Dorito Casserole review

So I kind of messed up the Dorito casserole--mistaking chicken thighs for chicken breasts and not getting enough meat. I also substituted diced tomatoes with green chiles for just plain old diced tomatoes. It was pretty tasty. It's hard to go wrong with Doritos. But I have a problem with serving it again since it was just soups, chicken and doritos. Not really a meal, you know? Maybe I could add in some rice or something if I make it again...

Tonight for dinner we had waffles, fruit salad and scrambled eggs. It was pretty easy. Just added water and oil to the Krusteaz mix and tripled the recipe for the waffles. For the fruit salad I threw some grapes and chopped, fresh peaches and apples into a bowl. It didn't look like enough so I grabbed a can of pineapple chunks, drained it and threw that in, too. Then I added a couple of tablespoons of limeade to the mix to sweeten everything up and make sure the apples didn't turn brown (vitamin C is an anti-oxidant, you know). It was perfect. Light, yet filling. And everyone loved it.


link | posted by Real at 6:15 PM






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Ever wish someone would wave a magic wand, and easy, nutritious dinners would appear on your kitchen table?

...So do we.




Out of the kitchen:
Real Beautopotamus Mothering on the Edge