Thursday, May 17, 2007
Here's the plan, Stan

So two nights ago it was corn dogs. Definitely not my best mommy moment. And last night, my 11 year old finally suggested burritos to me after I had been wandering around for an hour trying to think up a meal.

Obviously, I need a plan. And this is it. Simple really, but still somehow difficult for me. I will figure out what we are eating ahead of time. Make sure I have those ingredients on hand and then I will know exactly what's for dinner. Eventually, I'd like to plan things out a month in advance. But I'll take it in little baby steps and just do next week.

I actually did this one time several years back. Our family decided that it was important to us to eat meat sparingly and so we decided that we would only eat meat once a week (pepperoni on Pizza for Friday night didn't really count!). Cooking vegetarian was very difficult for me and so I made a month long calendar where all the meals rotated. As I recall, it seemed to work okay.

Menu plan to come.


link | posted by Real at 5:32 AM






1 Comments:
Blogger Utahdoula had this to say:

I sorta do this - I don't assign everything to a particular day, but I do make a list of meals (I usually do 16 - and we go shopping every 2 weeks, so there are a few extras to ensure I always have an option.) and make sure I have all the ingredients for those meals. So then I just go pick from the list. Personally, I don't like feeling obligated to make a certain thing for dinner just because a week ago I randomly picked that square on the calendar for it.

May 17, 2007 at 8:42 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Ever wish someone would wave a magic wand, and easy, nutritious dinners would appear on your kitchen table?

...So do we.




Out of the kitchen:
Real Beautopotamus Mothering on the Edge