Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Why I am the Dinner Fairy

Actually I am not.

That's my try at positive affirmations, though. I have a major problem getting dinner on the table every day. And sometimes we go a long while without having a real evening meal. After times like that, I can't even remember what meals I usually cook. It's like the dinner part of my brain just turns off and I can't get it back on again. That's where I find myself this week. Not even able to remember my old standbys.

So the purpose of this blog is to create a place where I can put all my recipes so they don't keep getting deleted from my brain. I'd also love for as many people to contribute as possible so my family doesn't have to be subjected to my same old tired recipes year after year. So you post recipes in the comments and I'll move them into the body of the text. It'll all be searchable and maybe I'm not the only one who would benefit from something like this.

The only requirement is that they be cheap, fast, and healthy....or any combination of at least two of those! And nothing fancy please. I could use my cookbooks for stuff like that.


link | posted by Real at 6:25 AM






5 Comments:
Blogger Jamie had this to say:

I gotta say, I LOVE this idea!! I might just steal it...

April 30, 2007 at 10:46 AM 

Blogger Real had this to say:

Don't STEAL it. Just post everything you want here so we can ALL have access. Heaven knows I need a large database to pull from!

April 30, 2007 at 2:11 PM 

Blogger MandaMommy had this to say:

I used your stroganoff recipe today, except with chicken. I added dill, and of course we never eat meals without cayenne pepper. It was yummy, thanks!

May 1, 2007 at 8:48 PM 

Blogger Real had this to say:

Woohoo! Well, now that you've used a recipe, please leave one for me!

May 3, 2007 at 1:40 PM 

Blogger Code Yellow Mom had this to say:

great idea!

I have some good family recipes - I'll try and hook you up from time to time.

There is also a great cookbook, "A Dinner a Day" that includes a dinner for every week night of the year without a repeat and gives you weekly grocery lists, etc. The recipes only serve 4, but that's easy to double AND the whole meal, including dessert, never takes more than an hour to prepare, start to finish. I've used it for a few scattered weeks here and there and some of our new "standbys" have come from there. You should check it out!

May 9, 2007 at 9:27 PM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Ever wish someone would wave a magic wand, and easy, nutritious dinners would appear on your kitchen table?

...So do we.




Out of the kitchen:
Real Beautopotamus Mothering on the Edge